Welcome to the Vale and Cotswold Edge Group Website

 
The Vale and Cotswold Edge Group includes the parishes of Willersey with Saintbury, Weston-sub-Edge and Aston-sub-Edge, Honeybourne, Pebworth and Dorsington. The parishes lie along the B4632 Cheltenham to Stratford road, just north of Chipping Campden and east of Broadway, and along Buckle Street through the Vale of Evesham. Before 2011, Saintbury was a separate ecclesiastical parish but St Nicholas is now no longer a parish church and is vested in the Churches Conservation Trust.

The four churches of  St Peter, Willersey and St Nicholas, Saintbury, St Peter, Pebworth and St Ecgwin, Honeybourne are Grade 1 Listed buildings. St John the Baptist and St Lawrence, Weston-sub-Edge and St Andrew, Aston-sub-Edge are Grade 2*. The church of St Peter in Dorsington is unusual in being built of red brick. The benefice is in the Diocese of Gloucester, the archdeaconry of Cheltenham and the deanery of the North Cotswolds.

Except for Saintbury and Dorsington, services are held in each of our churches on almost every Sunday of the year. On two Sundays each year,  St Peter Willersey foregoes its own services to join in Methodist worship; on two others, the Methodists join us.

This north-eastern edge of the Cotswolds is strikingly beautiful and attracts many visitors, for whom there is always a warm welcome at our services.
Dorsington
St Peter
This Place of Worship was founded before 1571 when the first register was issued. Kelly's Directory of 1923 records that it was rebuilt in 1754, as the old church was destroyed by fire. It is "a small edifice of brick, consisting of chancel, nave and an embattled western tower with pinnacles More...
Pebworth
St Peter
This ancient Church building stands on a mound above the village and has been enlarged and restored since it was built in the 13th century. It is entered by the North door which is a fine example of medieval work, possibly hanging on its original hinges with 15th century iron work. The font is More...
Honeybourne
St Ecgwin
  This Parish Church is a Grade I listed building. It was dedicated in 1295, and has early C14 and C15 extensions and was restored in the late C19. The Nave and Chancel date from 1295. The Nave is aisle-less with clerestory. There are four bays with windows of two trefoiled lights to t More...
Willersey
St Peter
St Peter's is a cruciform church, unusual on such a small scale in a village. The massive central pillars, said to resemble those in Evesham Abbey, were built on the instructions of Abbot Zattan (late 14th century) whose summer residence was located in Willersey. A stained glass window on the so More...
Aston Sub-Edge
St Andrew
St Andrew's, Aston-sub-Edge is a ‘replacement church', built in the 1790s to replace an earlier building of which there is now little or no trace. It is a tiny church building with a committed congregation. Its services take place almost always at 6.30pm on Sundays. Part of its charm is being in More...
Weston-sub-Edge
St John the Baptist and St Lawrence
Godfrey Giffard, Bishop of Worcester was responsible for the building of the church in the 13th century. A tower was added in the 15th century and major restoration work was undertaken in 1853-4. The architect was F Preedy, and Canon G D Bourne, Rector for 55 years (1846-1901), was responsible for More...
Saintbury
St Nicholas
The church of St Nicholas, Saintbury ceased to be a parish church at the end of 2010. (The parish is now amalgamated with Willersey and St Nicholas' can be seen just across the fields from Willersey churchyard.) The building now belongs to the Churches Conservation Trust and is full of interest an More...
Forthcoming Services
(c) Cotswold Edge (North) Benefice
Website powered by i612.net